SLOW COOKER IRISH STEWFrom bestcooker 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. lamb, well trimmed of fat and cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (see note) shopping list
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced (or use baby-cut carrots for convenience) shopping list
- one small onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- one 10 ounce package frozen peas (do not thaw) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 3.5 quart crockpot with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour and pepper. Toss with lamb cubes to coat well. Place meat in crockpot. Add garlic, potatoes, carrots, and onion. Pour beef broth over meat and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8-10 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, stir in frozen peas. The stew should be thick enough on its own, but if the gravy is a bit on the thin side, thicken it with a flour/cold water paste and cook until nicely thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Note: Peeling the potatoes helps the starch in them thicken the stew without adding a thickener, so don’t scrimp on the amount of potatoes. We love this served with Irish soda bread
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating6 people
I love Irish stew, this is the real deal....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Another great sounding recipe. I will have to make is very soon. Love the tip at the end. Well done. Thankyouunicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
Very nice but needs a little more salt.
See Slow Cooker Irish Stew for more info.
2/15/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it