Lentil Spaghetti SauceFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced ( or one small can with liquid ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz tomato sauce shopping list
- 6 oz tomato paste shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry lentils, rinsed shopping list
- 1 tsp each: basil, oregano and sugar shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 can Itlaian style stewed tomatoes, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil, add the garlic and saute to release flavors.
- Add the tomato sauce, paste, water, lentils, serasonings
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve sauce with pasta.
- Sprinkle wirth grated cheese
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
this really intriques me- healthy too!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
I think lentils and pasta a good winter food! I like it!herby in Albany loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Pasta Place196 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Anything Goes288 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites141 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Pasta Lovers97 members