Bacon Wrapped-Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom markeverett 8 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 slices of good, thick bacon shopping list
- 1 box stuffing mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup hazel nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup craisins (chopped if you like them smaller) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 can low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix the stuffing mix with onion, celery, hazel nuts, craisins, and chicken broth in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- With a very sharp knife, cut a pocket into the thickest part of the breasts.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons (or what fits) into the chicken pockets.
- Wrap each stuffed breast with one piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- (Put the remaining stuffing in a casserole and heat for about 35 minutes and serve with the chicken breasts)