Kangaroo Steaks with Red Wine SauceFrom aussie_meat_pie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine wine, chives, garlic, and onion in a bowl. Add kangaroo meat, toss until coated. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove meat from marinade, drain. Reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a pan; add meat; add meat. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes to seal sides, turning. For rare meat, cook for 2 minutes. For medium meat, reduce heat to medium, continue cooking for 3 minutes. (If using steaks cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.)
- Remove meat from pan. Cover and keep warm. Add reserved marinade and cream to pan juices, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 3 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Slice cooked fillets thinly and serve with warm sauce. Serve with mashed sweet potato and sugar snapped peas.
- NOTE: Loin fillet is more readily available than steaks. Kangaroo meat has a very low fat content and will become dry if overcooked. Cook it rare or medium stage only and leave for a few minutes before serving. This will produce tender, juicy kangaroo meat.