Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and RosemaryFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 4 Cornish game hens shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 lemon,quartered shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 24 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/3c white wine shopping list
- 1/3c chicken broth shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary,garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450
- Rub hens with 1 tbs. of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in large,heavy roasting pan and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Roast in preheated oven 25 mins.
- Reduce oven temp to 350. In mixing ,whisk together wine,chicken broth and remaining 2Tbs oil;pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 mins longer,or till hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 mins.
- Transfer hens to platter,pour any cavity juices into roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to saucy consistency,about 6 mins. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.