Old Fashioned Chicken CroquettesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped white onions shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pimientos chopped shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk beaten shopping list
- 1 cup whole button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a skillet then stir in flour and cook stirring constantly until light brown.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk then stir constantly over low heat until mixture is thick.
- Blend in all remaining ingredients except breadcrumbs, whole egg and oil.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Place breadcrumbs in a plate and the whole beaten egg in a small bowl.
- Shape mixture into croquettes.
- Dip first in breadcrumbs then into beaten egg and again in the breadcrumbs.
- Have oil 3” deep and heat until very hot then fry croquettes until browned.
- Drain well on paper towels then serve immediately with your favorite white sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!