Cranberry - Orange Bagels with GingerFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- zest of 2 oranges shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp gluten flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cranberries in a bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to sit 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Dissolve warm water and sugar in a large bowl (preferably a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook). Sprinkle over yeast and let stand 10 minutes, until foamy. Stir in cranberries, orange juice and maple syrup.
- Whisk together orange zest, flours, salt, and ginger.
- With the mixer running, begin adding the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes, until stiff but springy.
- Place into a greased bowl, turning to grease the top. Cover and let rise 2 hours.
- Punch down the dough, divide into 10 balls and let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Shape dough balls into rings, cover and rest again for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water with the brown sugar to a boil and preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the bagels, two at a time, into the boiling water and cook for 1 minute each side.
- Drain well, and place on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool on a rack.
- Makes 10 3.3-oz bagels.