Italian Pulled BeefFrom melepitre 6 years ago
- 2 pound beef round roast shopping list
- 2 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 4 cup fat free beef broth shopping list
- 1 packet Italian dressing seasoning mix (Good seasoning Italian dressing for example) shopping list
- 1 packet onion soup mix shopping list
- enough water to cover roast in slow cooker/crock pot shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 yellow onion shopping list
- 8 whole wheat sub rolls shopping list
- 8 thick slices smoked provolone cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Remove any visible fat from the beef roast. Preheat a heavy bottom skillet, such as cast iron, over medium high heat. Add the canola oil. Sear the beef roast on all sides.
- When the roast is good and browned on the outside, transfer to your crock pot. Deglaze your cast iron pot using the beef broth. Scrape all the yummy bits off the pot and pour all the warmed broth over the roast. Add the dressing mix and the onion soup mix into the crock pot. Add enough water to cover the roast.
- Set your crock pot on low, cover it and leave it alone for 6-8 hours. Test your roast for readiness by gently trying to pull off a piece of meat. If it comes apart with little to no effort, you're ready to move on to the next step.
- In a small pot, take some of the braising liquid from the crock pot and reduce it to half the volume. This is your Au Jus for dipping your sandwich. Slice the bell peppers into long strips, and the onion into half-moons. Sautee with a teaspoon of canola oil in a non-stick skillet until the onions are soft and the bell peppers are crisp tender.
- Preheat your broiler on high. Slice the sub rolls. Pull 4 ounce portions off the roast and put on the sub rolls. Top with some veggies and finally with one slice of cheese. Place under the broiler until bread gets toasty and the cheese melts. Serve with 1/2 cup of the au jus for dipping, and enjoy!
The Cookmelepitre Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!