Banana Cream PieFrom rcragun 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 medium firm bananas shopping list
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked shopping list
- whipped cream or Cool Whip shopping list
- sliced banana shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; stir in milk and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; mix well; allow to cool slightly.
- Slice the bananas and place evenly in pastry shell; pour cream mixture over bananas.
- Cool; before serving, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and bananas.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.