Buttermilk Corn BreadFrom despinap 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, sugar and eggs in large bowl to blend.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; store at room temperature.)