Creamy Turkey Or Chicken SoupFrom despinap 8 years ago
- 1 small carrot; peeled & chopped shopping list
- 1 small potato; peeled & cubed shopping list
- 1 small onion; peeled & cubed shopping list
- 1 turkey drumstick; or 2 lrg chicken legs shopping list
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
How to make it
- Put prepared vegetables, poultry and bouillon cubes in pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Lock pressure cooker lid.
- Bring to high pressure and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Release pressure, remove the meat and set aside to cool.
- Strain broth from pressure cooker into a clean pot.
- Puree vegetables and return to broth.
- Add an additional cup or 2 of water if broth looks a little too thick.
- Heat to boiling and add orzo.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard the bones from the chicken/turkey, cut up the meat and add to pot when the orzo is tender.
- Add eggs and lemon to blender and mix well.
- Slowly add about a cup of soup from the pot to the mixture.
- Pour this back into the soup.