Zucchini RelishFrom watkinsgal 9 years ago
- 10 cups grated zucchini w/ peel ( use the food processor!) shopping list
- 4 chopped onions shopping list
- 1 chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- Like it spicy? Add 1 chopped jalapeño (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups vinegar shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons celery seed shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all veggies together w/ salt.
- Cover with cold water and let stand overnight.
- Drain well.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large pot.
- Add veggies.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Pack relish into hot, sterilized jars leaving 1" head space.
- Seal with lids and rings.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Yields approx 6 pints.