PUMPKIN WALNUT SPICE CAKEFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. Freshly cooked pumpkin (or canned) shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 c. Coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 c. Coarsely chopped candied orange peel or candied ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a tube or bundt pan. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift all the dry ingredients together three times. In a seprate bowl, whisk the eggs, then combine with the pumpkin and sour cream until well blended.
- Gradually add the pumpkin mixture to the creamed butter and sugar. Blend thoroughly. Add half of the flour mixture and stir until barely combined. Add the chopped walnuts and candied orange peels to the remaining flour mixture, and toss to coat. Add to the batter and stir again until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes, or until the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, is lightly browned on top and a tester comes out clean. Partially cool the cake before removing from the pan. To serve, lightly dust with powdered sugar.