Shrimp And Mango SaladFrom mbeards2 6 years ago
- 2 ripe mangos shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound of medium-sized shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teasp. sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teasp. capers or pickled green pepper corns shopping list
- 1 tablesp. creamed horseradish shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each mango in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh to within 1/4-inch of the "shell".
- Dice the fruit and set aside.
- Place the pepper beneath a broiler until the skins blister, turning to heat evenly. Place the pepper in a paper bag until cool, then peel off the skin, remove the seeds and slice into thin strips.
- Blend together the mayonnaise, diced mango, sour cream, sugar, lime juice, capers, horseradish and shrimp.
- Spoon into the mango halves.
- Top with strips of the red pepper and serve.
- NOTES- The hardest part about making this, is getting the mango pit removed without destroying the fruit. If you're pit-challenged like me, you can peel the mango, cut chunks of the mango off of the pit and cube it. Then prepare the salad as listed. Serve the salad in small, individual salad bowls or on salad plates lined with fresh spinach.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating3 people
This sounds elegant and so scrumptious! Definitely a keeper!juels in Clayton loved it
Yum, this sounds like an amazing salad. Have it bookmarked to make and try this weekend. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I would eliminate the sugar. Not needed because the mango adds enough sweetness.
Also, don't even attempt getting the pit out, really messy and not worth the effort. Nice flavor combination, I'd make it again.macgig in halifax loved it