Homemade Khoya for Indian recipesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Empty the dry milk powder into a bowl
- Mix in enough heavy cream while mixing with a fork until the mixture forms into a dough one can knead with their hands.
- It will not be sticky if the right consisitency is achieved.
- Some say to freeze this and then grated the amount as needed in a recipe.
- Others prefer to steam which i did in a steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Then I stirred the mixture.
- It resembled a fine curd ricotta cheese.
- Cool it and refrigerate till needed
- Made about 3 cups or so to be used in any recipe calling for Khoya
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I never heard of this but it's very unique and I am glad I joined this group as I am learning new stuff all of the time!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
I haven't heard about this either but I am sure I might need it one day thanks for posting.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Homemade Condiments And Sauces200 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
All Things Cheese76 members