Smoked Turkey BreastFrom bobbyc0117 5 years ago
How to make it
- mix all brine ingredients together and place in a non metallic container ( I use a styrofoam cooler)
- Place turkey in brine and refridgerate ( if you use a cooler place lots of ice in it and you won't have to put in the fridge)
- Leave Turkey in the brine between 12 and 24 hours.
- Start your smoker,(if you don't have a smoker you can use a kettle grill put coals on the outer ring for indirect heat place a pie pan in center of grill filled with water for the moisture and use apple wood chunks for the smoke)
- Pat your breast dry with paper towels and put in the smoker
- smoke between 230- 270 degrees for about 21 min. a pound or until an instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees
- Let the breast rest for at least 15 min.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbobbyc0117 Canfield, OH
The Rating4 people
this sounds really good Bobby... will have to think about digging out the smoker...!!!^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sounds so yummy! I love smoked Turkey.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
OK, OK, I guess I will have to invest in a smoker, between you and Linda, all these wonderful recipes, I just drool over. Turkey is one of my favorites, smoked is even better....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it