French Onion Soup Gratinee Low CarbFrom puddlewonderful 7 years ago
- onions (one medium thinly sliced) shopping list
- vegetable based boullion or chicken boullion shopping list
- water 14 ounces or thereabouts (can use chicken stock if wanted) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- dash or orange spice peel seasoning (very special) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 ounces swiss cheese shopping list
- grated nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler and chop up those onions getting them ready to add to the olive oil..
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium low heat until hot then add the onion and cook while stirring for about ten minutes....add some fresh parsley into the mixture for flavor and color....when golden brown raise the heat to medium high and add the water or chicken stock whichever you prefer, Worcestershire sauce, boullion either vegetaian based or beef boullion and sherry...bring this to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for three minutes...Add the fresh parmesean cheese, salt, pepper and orange spice peel seasoning and simmer for another three minutes..NOW transfer the soup and put in flameproof bowls and top each with half of the swiss cheese and broil for three to four minutes until each is golden brown...sprinkle the soup with nutmeg and serve immediately....
- Low Carb dish and very delicious....serve with a mixed green salad
The Cookpuddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
The Rating4 people
Mmmm I bet this is really good. Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
The spices here are fantastic! Love the sounds of this soup, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
great soup love it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!