Old Fashioned Cream of Celery SoupFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sauté the onion dices and celery in the butter until the onion is tender and translucent but not browned.
- Add the flour and stir and cook until a soft paste has formed but not browned.
- While still cooking, pour in 1/2 cup of the broth while stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add the rest of the broth, stirring to make the mixture smooth and not lumpy as if you were making gravy.
- Continue cooking until the mixture is bubbly and has thickened.
- The vegetables should be soft and tender.
- Pour two to three cups of the liquid into your blender.
- Puree the mixture until it is smooth.
- Continue in batches until the entire soup is puréed.
- Pour the soup through a strainer into a clean pan.
- Press any pieces through the sieve with the back of a spoon.
- Salt the soup to taste.
- Add the cream.
- If the soup needs further thinning, add water.
- Reheat and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Comfort Foods772 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Soup Is Good Food60 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Soups And Stews107 members
Almost Vegetarian15 members
Quick And Easy26 members
Comfort Foods24 members