Mormon Peach CobblerFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- fruit Mixture shopping list
- 1 29 ounce size can of sliced peaches in syrup ( may be fresh peaches too, see description comment above ) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the juice into a saucepan.
- Mix a little of the juice with cornstarch to make a soft paste and add the paste to the rest of the juice.
- Add the spices.
- Heat until bubbly, stirring as needed.
- The syrup should thicken to a slurry.
- Pour the slurry and peaches into a small casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, milk, and egg together.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add them to the liquid mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon over the peach mixture so that the fruit is covered.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is a golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Try it it hot with vanilla ice cream or even cold milk.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
I love cobblers of any kind!herby in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Companys Coming115 members
Delicious Foods39 members
A Fruity World45 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members