Barbie Doll Birthday CakeFrom cookingbringmehappiness 8 years ago
- 8 " in baking dish shopping list
- 10' inch cake circles (show 'n serve) where the cake will be displayed shopping list
- Barbie doll shopping list
- cake mix shopping list
- frosting/ icing...classic white so you can use icing colors to shopping list
- make icing different colors shopping list
- Pastry bags shopping list
- icing coloring shopping list
- Decorations (for Doll) shopping list
How to make it
- STEP 1: Follow the directions for your cake mix. Mix the listed ingredients and pour the batter into the cake mold. Bake for the specified time.
- STEP 2:Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool thoroughly before handling. Cool the cake on a wire rack, removing the pan once the cake is cooled. Trim any rough edges or extra cake before frosting.
- STEP 3:Insert your Barbie directly into the center of your cake base. Wash the doll to remove any remnants of plastic or other foreign materials before placing her in the cake.
- STEP 4:Mix your frosting. If you wish to make different colored frostings for your cake, combine a small amount of frosting with food dye. Mix any number of colors to complete your cake.
- STEP 5:Fill your pastry bags with frosting and apply to your cake. Start with the largest area of frosting first to create your base. If you want the majority of your cake to be one color, frost with that color first and layer your remaining colors over the base color. Allow your frosting layers to cool before moving onto the next color to avoid bleeding and color mixing.
- STEP 6:Highlight areas of your cake with different colored frosting's. You can outline designs and fill in separate areas with different colors to highlight them and add definition. Outlines, clothing and accessories are all popular additions to Barbie cakes.
- STEP 7:Apply any of your decorations before the last layer of frosting is completely dry. Small candies, edible sugar ornaments and edible food glitter can make your Barbie cake stand out. Apply them before the frosting dries, or they will not adhere well.
- STEP 8:Cool your frosting before serving your cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least an hour before attempting to cut it.
- You can add sprinkles!!
The Cookcookingbringmehappiness Rockford, IL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!