Peanut Butter Doggy BonesFrom baby_rei 7 years ago
- 1 package dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water shopping list
- 1 cup mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock 1 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup rye flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 ° F (165 ° C).
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in water. In a large saucepan, mix together the potatoes, milk, molasses, stock, and peanut butter. Heat, stirring frequently until boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Add yeast mixture. Gradually blend in the egg, wheat, rye, and rice flours. Add enough white flour to form a stiff dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth (about 3-5 minutes). Shape the dough into a ball and roll to 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick. Using cookie cutters, cut out biscuits. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 1/4-inch (6 mm) apart. Gather up the scraps, roll out again, and cut additional biscuits.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool overnight. Makes several dozen bones that freeze well--and have the consistency of pizza crusts, a favorite snack for most spoiled dogs!
The Cookbaby_rei Highland Park, IL
The Rating2 people
Thanks for the post. I think it's a 5 and my Pomeranian should love these, but he's pretty small so I may halve the amounts. I added it to a couple of pet groups for you.shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!