Orange Date CupcakesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange extract shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in dates and orange peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and extract; beat until smooth.
- Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
YUM! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cupcake Love96 members
A Tea Party71 members
A Fruity World45 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members
Quick And Easy25 members