Sicilian Spaghetti SauceFrom twohot 8 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- Hot cooked linguine shopping list
- Shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat 6 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 4 minutes or until beef and sausage are no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Combine sauce and next 7 ingredients in skillet or Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Add sausage mixture and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with breadsticks, if desired.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
The Rating5 people
This recipe is very close to my Italian grandmother's. The differences are that she used 1 pound of each meat and hot sausage instead of mild, tomato puree instead of sauce and crushed red pepper instead of ground red pepper. So we each basically m...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!