Fish and ChipsFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into strips shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets shopping list
- 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in medium sized bowl of cold water.
- In separate medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in milk and egg until smooth.
- Allow mixture to stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry potatoes in hot oil until tender.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dredge fish in the batter, one piece at a time and place in hot oil.
- Fry until fish is golden brown.
- If necessary, increase heat to maintain the 350 degree F/175 degree C temperature.
- Drain fish well on paper towels.
- Fry potatoes again for 1 to 2 minutes for added crispness.