Really Old-Fashioned Marinated Rib-EyeFrom rottman 6 years ago
- 2 tb sugar shopping list
- 6 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp orange zest shopping list
- 2 8 - 12 oz rib-eye steaks, about 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 bottoe rich, full-bodied red wine (Amarone) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine wine and sugar in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange zest. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Put steaks in a large baking dish and pour marinade over tehem. Marinate steakes in refrigerator for at least sever hours, or up to 3 days.
- Remove steaks, season with salt and pepper, and cook them in a very hot skillet, about 2 minutes each side for medium rare. You may also grill or broil them if you prefer.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!