Chicken and Wild RIce Hot DishFrom bojangles42 6 years ago
- 2 c. wild rice (soup grade or broken are fine) shopping list
- 2 c. cooked diced chicken (or turkey, duck, or goose) shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1/2 c. diced green pepper shopping list
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1/4 c slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 med onion chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 c celery chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice in 4 c water. Simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the almonds
- Bake in a 13X9 pan at 350 F for 70 minutes
- Sprinkle with almonds the last 10 minutes.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
The Rating3 people
I am also from the 'covered dish' days.Made them when someone died, got married, had babies, when company was a comingt or just for the family. Yours sound wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is definately on my "To do" list. It sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing 5 forksbrianna in loved it
There is a lot to be said about
'Comfort Casseroles' and your "5"FORK!!!!!
Creation is one that brings back wonderful
Thank-you for sharing~
P.S.~ In the'South' a pl...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!