Filipino Adobo-style ChickenFrom despinap 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large kettle combine the chicken, the vinegar, the garlic, the bay leaf, the pepper and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer it, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and simmer the mixture, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken with tongs to an oven-proof platter and discard the outer skin.
- Place platter in oven and grill both sides for about 15 minutes until browned.
- Strain the broth through a sieve, return it to the kettle and boil for 10 minutes or until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup
- Remove chicken from the oven, pour the sauce over it and serve with rice.
The Cookdespinap Brooklyn, NY
The Rating15 people
This looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This sounds so good! I like Barbie's ideas also! Instead of chicken drumsticks do you think I could use chicken breasts (bone-in)...lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
now thats my kinda chicken thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!