Spicy Peanut Noodles With ChickenFrom babsalaba 4 years ago
- cooking oil (peanut or canola) shopping list
- red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 onion, halved and then sliced into thin strips shopping list
- Minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips shopping list
- noodles, vermicelli, spaghetti, chinese noodles, whichever you prefer shopping list
- peanut sauce, jarred or homemade* shopping list
- sesame oil (optional) shopping list
- green onions, chopped shopping list
- Chopped peanuts shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- For the sauce: 5 cloves of garlic. shopping list
- 1/2 c. peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T honey shopping list
- 2 T rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 T. chili oil shopping list
- 1 chopped jalapeno chili. shopping list
How to make it
- Pour some oil into a large skillet, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and let sit.
- Boil noodles of your choice.
- To make the sauce, if you don't want to use the jarred sauce, In a food processor, pulse about 5 cloves of garlic. Add 1/2 c. peanut butter, 1/4 c. soy sauce, 2 T honey, 2 T rice vinegar, 2 T. chili oil, and 1 chopped jalapeno chili. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- The veggies and chicken: Over high heat, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add chicken strips and cook until well-browned.
- Add 1/3 cup of the peanut sauce to the skillet, stirring to coat well. Taste frequently and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add more of the sauce if you like.
- Drain the noodles, toss them with 1 T of sesame oil (optional) and toss into the skillet, mixing everything well.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, peanuts and sesame seeds.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!