Southwestern Chicken Salad WrapsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in cubes shopping list
- (1 whole rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone; easier) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of ranch dressing (I use light) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery, diced shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped red pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup of pickled jalapeno peppers, drained, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup of mild shredded cheddar shopping list
- 10 supersize flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, dust with some cumin
- Cook seasoned chicken in oil until cooked through.
- Cool completely.
- Mix dressing, sour cream, seasoning mix in bowl.
- Add chicken and other ingredients except the cheese and tortillas.
- Mix well.
- Divide the salad among tortillas, top with cheese and roll up.
- Hint: Best to chill the filling 2 hours before filling the tortillas.
- *If you start with a cooked chicken, you can fix these quite quickly.
- Flavor is better when it sits for a bit of time.