Dessert Tortilla Chips with Chocolate Brandy SauceFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. of sweet chocolate (broken up) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 3 ounces of brandy shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of half and half shopping list
- 1 tsp of instant espresso powder shopping list
- confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 dozen flour tortillas shopping list
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cinnamon shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler until smooth.
- Add half and half, espresso and 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Beat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add brandy.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Keep warm in fondue pot or chafing dish.
- Set on buffet table.
- Meanwhile prepare your dessert chips.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet to 350 degrees.
- Fry chips being extra careful not to crowd the pan.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Put in a shaker can or a saltshaker.
- Sprinkle the chips hot out of the oil as heavily as desired.
- Place in a basket and serve alongside brandy chocolate sauce.