Ooey-Gooey Turtle BarsFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies shopping list
- 1-12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups) shopping list
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1-12.25 oz. jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 squares) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- Bake 25-32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.) For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- NOTE: If you don't let them cool completely, you definitely have an ooey-gooey mess!
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Boy this is great! got my 5! yummmmmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it