Chocolate Cherry CookiesFrom guivre 7 years ago
- 3/4 c butter, softened shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 21/4 c AP flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- red food coloring shopping list
- 1/3 c cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 4 tsp water shopping list
- 1/4 c maraschino cherries, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Remove 1/4 c dough and blend in the cherries, almond extract and 6 drops food color. Srit together cocoa and baking soda. Add with water to remaining dough; blend.
- Divide chocolate dough in half between two sheets of wax paper to form 12" x 4 1/2" rectangle. Remove the top sheet of wax paper.
- Divide cherry mixture in half. With floured hands, shape into 12" roll, forming one large roll. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Refrigerate six hours or until firm.
- Cut rolls into 1/4" slices. Bake 7 minutes or until set in a 350 degree oven. Cool one minute to remove.