Brazilian Chicken with Tomatoes Coconut Milk and CilantroFrom bostonmargy 5 years ago
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, or similar amount boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice, strained shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded or 2 (28-oz) cans diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1 tbs cilantro. Add lemon juice and marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large casserole, add onion and green pepper and saute over medium heat about 6-7 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook 3 - 5 minutes more over high heat, stirring often. Stir in coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- If using whole chicken pieces, add now. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook chicken until tender, about 30 minutes for breast and 40-45 minutes for thighs and legs.
- If using boneless, skinless chicken breast, add salt and pepper and cook sauce for 15 minutes. Add chicken and stir to incorporate. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro
- Serve over rice
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!