Chinese style fried riceFrom littlesponger 7 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup ham steak (cut into cubes:pea size) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped shiitake mushroom shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil (or peanut oil) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cook your rice (I use a rice cooker). You want it a bit on the crucnhy side, so even though you might want to add more water, DON'T.
- Let your rice cool completely (I spread it out on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer if I'm in a hurry). You can even cook your rice the night before and let cool in the fridge.
- In wok or heavy large sauté pan over moderately high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add half of scallions (reserve remainder for garnish) about 1-2 minutes..
- Add eggs and rice and stir-fry until eggs are just set, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, peas, ham, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir-fry until heated through and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining scallions and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating7 people
wow love chinese this sounds fantastic delicous print try and save high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Such a yummy recipe with lovely pic!cherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
Love it, learned how to make this in Japan. Need to make it again soon, been awhile. You have my 5, pictures are great.henrie in Savannah loved it