Nutty Loaf CakeFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 4 oz. soft butter shopping list
- 4 oz. caster sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence shopping list
- 8 oz. plain / Wholemeal flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 4 oz. of mixed nuts(almonds,pistachios,walnuts,etc.),roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 oz. shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 oz. of raisins shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. milk,if required shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 4 oz. icing sugar shopping list
- water,as required shopping list
- Extra,chooped nuts and shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.Mix nuts in the flour mixture.Keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs,one at a time.Add vanilla.
- Fold in the nuts and flour mixture,1/3 at a time.
- Add milk,if the mixture is little thick and mix until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix icing sugar with enough water to make a thick paste.
- Drizzle glaze over cake,sprinkle chopped nuts on top.Let stand until set.
- Cut in slices and serve.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating5 people
This sounds like something I have been looking for. Thanks.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
A winner, for sure!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Mmmm...this sounds divine! Love the nuts and glaze here!juels in Clayton loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes286 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Checkin Central283 members
Its Eggntastic22 members
Going Coconuts71 members