KEY LIME CHICKENFrom mila_g79 5 years ago
- 2-4 lbs of chicken (Quarters or Boneless Skinless Breasts) shopping list
- 1 C key lime juice shopping list
- 1 TBS onion powder shopping list
- 1 TBS garlic powder shopping list
- 1-2 Finely Chopped jalapenos shopping list
- 1/2 C Finely Chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 Finely Chopped roma tomato ( 1/2 for cooking other 1/2 for garnish) shopping list
- 1 TBS salt shopping list
- 1/2 C chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Wash off all blood ( remove major part of fat if using chicken quarters.
- In a separate bowl, add onion/garlic powder, chopped cilantro, 1/2 of tomato, & jalapenos. Mix well. Add lime juice to this mixture & stir.
- Spray a baking dish w/ non-stick spray, add chicken, then pour mixture from bowl over chicken. Cover dish with aluminum foil & bake @ 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Check after 30 mins, if there is not any liquid you may add some chicken stock about 1/2 cup. Cover again & cook until tender. Approximately 45 mins. Add salt towards the end of cooking to avoid over salting.
The Cookmila_g79 LAS CRUCES, NM
The Rating4 people
Sounds amazing. I love anything with key lime. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Good one. Keep some more of this good New Mexico food coming. High 5....shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!