carols lemon chicken rice soupFrom lumpy1 6 years ago
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemon basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped finely shopping list
- non-fat plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 quart stainless steel pot heat chicken broth to boil.
- Add long grain rice. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Put 3 egg yolks into a small bowl. Ladle a large spoonfull of the hot broth into the bowl of yolks, add wisk to temper the yolks as with gravy. Slowly wisk the yolk mixture into the soup. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and basil.
- If chicken is desired add it now. Return soup to a boil, and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve in a polish pottery soup bowl with a dollop of plain yogurt.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh lemon basil.