Cajun Chicken And RiceFrom louisiana1 8 years ago
- Large Crockpot shopping list
- 1 whole chicken shopping list
- 1 lg bell pepper shopping list
- 3 stalks of celery shopping list
- 1 lg onion shopping list
- 1 bunch of parsley shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of rice(cooked separately) shopping list
- salt,pepper,creole seasoning(Tony's or whatever), to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the chicken(keep the liver, it will flavor the dish)
- Chop Onion, bell pepper, celery, and parsely, and place in bottom of crockpot.
- Empty the can of cream of mushroom on top of veggies
- Place the chicken on top of ingredients.
- Turn crockpot on high for 6-8 hrs (depending on when you get home from work!)
- Remove the chicken with tongs.
- De-bone chicken and remove all the skin and fat you can find in the soup.
- Place the cooked chicken meat back in the crockpot and stir.
- Serve over rice in shallow bowl or plate.
- This could be done in a dutch oven on low-med heat on stove top if you don't have a crockpot.