Tomato Mozzarella N Basil SaladFrom brianna 5 years ago
- 2 Tblspns red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic - minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- Generous dash of black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes shopping list
- 6 ozs mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 8 - 10 fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard & pepper in a small bowl
- Add oil in a steady stream, whisking until oil is thoroughly blended.
- Slice tomatoes & cheese into 1/4" thick slices.
- Trim cheese to size of tomato slices
- Place tomatoes & cheese in a large bowl or glass baking dish & pour the dressing over the slices.
- Marinate, covered, in the fridge at least 30 mins or up to 3 hrs, turning slices occasionally.
- Layer basil leaves with largest leaf on the bottom, then roll up jellyroll fashion.
- Slice basil roll into 1/4" slices & separate into strips.
- Arrange tomato & cheese slices alternately on a serving plate or individual salad plates
- Sprinkle with basil strips.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating6 people
I have made this before, numerous times, but without the dressing. Am definately going to try it with it. Thanks. Sounds great!!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
I love this type of salads! Mozzarella, tomatoes and basil go so well together! The picture looks beautiful!juels in Clayton loved it
I like these sort of salads, can't wait for summer!!!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!