Brussel Sprouts SoupFrom winslow1204 7 years ago
- 3 c. of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/4 c. of whipping cream shopping list
- 1 chopped medium onion shopping list
- 1 peeled and cubed medium potato shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 lb. quartered fresh Brussels sprouts shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of curry powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First you will take a large saucepan and saute the onion and potato in butter until onion is yellow.
- Next you will add the brussels sprouts, broth, salt, curry powder and the pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Put a lid on the pot and let it simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Next you want to puree in small batches in a blender.
- Place your mixture to pan.
- Now you want to combine the egg yolk and cream, stirring into soup.
- Finally, you will stir for 4-5 minutes over medium flame (do not boil).
- Add sour cream and paprika.