Fresh Whiskey SoursFrom conner909 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup whiskey (recommended: Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey) shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons) shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes) shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar syrup (also called simple syrup) shopping list
- ice cubes (I use crushed ice) shopping list
- maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the whiskey, lemon juice, lime juice and syrup.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the drink mixture 3/4 full.
- Shake for 15 seconds and pour into glasses. (I stick the glasses in the freezer for a few minutes before pouring.)
- Add a Maraschino cherry and serve ice cold.
- Note: to make the sugar syrup, bring 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a boil and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Chill before using. Refrigerate whatever amount you don't use.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmmm this is good yummmm
i have one please lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow, wish I could give you more then a 5 for this yummie recipe. I love whiskey sours also, you brought back some fond memories with this one. Haven't had a whiskey sour in ages.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh yeah - there's an oldie but a goodie for sure. I will have to make up a batch just to see if I remember them correctly (any excuse will do!). The fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice in your recipe would be so much better than the prepared sour mi...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it