Shamrock SandwichesFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound thinly sliced seedless rye bread shopping list
- Fresh dill springs, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the corned beef, onion, dill and salt. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoonfuls of filling on the bottoms of half of the shamrocks; top with remaining shamrocks. Garnish with dill if desired. Yield: about 16 sandwiches
- ***Dill and Dijon mustard add zip to the creamy corned beef filling in these party sandwiches. Or substitute horseradish for the mustard and garlic powder for the dill for a fun variation.