Roast Pork Rib Roast With Fingerling PotatoesFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 1 center-cut pork rib roast, about 3 pounds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 to 8 wedges shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Wash the roast and pat dry. Rub roast all over with the Cajun seasoning, dry mustard, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, half of the minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the roast over medium-high heat in a skillet in remaining olive oil for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Toss potatoes with the remaining minced garlic, onion wedges, and the melted butter. Arrange the potatoes in the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the browned rib roast on the vegetables, bones facing down. Pour the wine or chicken broth in the pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and the roast registers about 150° when a meat thermometer is in the thickest part of the meat, not touching fat or bone.
- If the rib ends begin to brown too much, cover each with a piece of foil.
- Cut between the ribs into separate chops and serve with the roasted potatoes and onions.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating4 people
This sounds so good, thanks for the post!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
sounds fabulous thank you so much for sharing
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sound spectacular. I wonder if the same seasonings wouldn't work with a beef roast too?merlin in San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!