Corned Beef and Cabbage HashFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed and skins left on - NOT leftover! shopping list
- 1 c. cabbage, leftover from your corned beef and cabbage, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 small onion - NOT leftover, fresh, quartered shopping list
- 1/2 pound (or less) leftover corned beef, cubed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cube potatoes and throw into the bowl of a food processor, add cut up cabbage, onion, and corned beef. Process until the mixture is a consistent small size, but not TOO small. You know, hash-like.
- Skim a study large skillet with oil. Heat until very hot. Put hash mixture into skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste, turn down heat to medium hot and brown well on one side. Turn and brown other side well. Continue cooking until potatoes are cooked well and the mixture is crispy.
- Serve with the leftover Irish Soda Bread from your St. Patrick's day dinner and maybe some nice honeyed carrots.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
a great irish meal for st pattys day
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Really Linda I'm thinking this must be wonderful, sounds like a keeper to me!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
No, I haven't been making this yet, and yes, I will surely do that! This sounds great!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!