Fish TacosFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb fish filets, cut lengthwise into strips shopping list
- 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- oil necessary for frying shopping list
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed to soften shopping list
- For the garnish: shopping list
- Shredded cabbage, lightly dressed with your favorite Cole slaw dressing shopping list
- Raw onion rings, marinated in vinegar with a pinch of oregano shopping list
- A thin, tomato-free guacamole sauce shopping list
- A selection of salsas: red, green and pico de gallo (fresh salsa) shopping list
How to make it
- Pat the fish filet strips dry with paper towels.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, vegetable oil and egg yolks to form a batter. Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil to a depth of 1 inch. Dip each fish strip in the batter, fry quickly on one side, turning to fry the other until golden brown. This should only take a couple of minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Arrange pieces of fish in softened tortillas and serve at once, accompanied by the shredded cabbage, marinated onions, guacamole sauce, and a selection of salsas. Serves 6.