VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAMFrom karlyn255 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium size heavy sauce pan, heat cream, milk, vanilla bean (and the scraped pulp), sugar over medium heat.
- Bring it to a gentle simmer but DO NOT BOIL.
- In a separate, small mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. Pour one cup of the hot liquid into the eggs and whisk constantly until smooth.
- Add the entire yolk mixture and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Bring it back to a simmer and continue to cook mixing constantly, until the mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 4-6 minutes.
- Slowly pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve fitted over a glass or ceramic bowl to strain out any solids and the vanilla bean.
- Press the mixture with the back of a spoon to get all that great liquid out.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap across the top, touching the top of the liquid so a skin doesn’t form.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions for processing, freezing and storing.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating4 people
There is absolutely nothing better than honest vanilla ice cream and this sounds fabulous, karlyn!
My thanks and my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Love vanilla ice cream! Your instructions are clear and easy to follow! Thanks for a great post!juels in Clayton loved it
I just got my first ice cream maker this past weekend and my husband's fave is vanilla...This is just what I needed to make him a happy guy...Thanks...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it