White Chocolate Truffle and Chocolate Fudge Layer CakeFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- **********chocolate stars shopping list
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- **********cake shopping list
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- *****Filling and frosting shopping list
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 pound good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Baker's), finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto or other almond liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- **********For chocolate stars:
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Stir chocolate and shortening in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, tilting pan to spread chocolate mixture to irregular 14x9-inch rectangle.
- Refrigerate until just firm, about 12 minutes.
- Spray assorted star-shaped cookie cutters with nonstick spray.
- Cut out stars.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Using small offset spatula, carefully transfer stars 1 at a time to another foil-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. )
- ****************For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides.
- Line bottoms with parchment paper; butter parchment.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in lukewarm melted unsweetened chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Mix in cocoa powder mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk in 2 additions.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on racks 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of each pan to loosen cakes.
- Turn cakes out onto racks and cool completely.
- Peel off parchment.
- **********For filling and frosting:
- Bring 1 cup cream and butter to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Remove from heat. Add white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups white chocolate filling into small bowl; cover and freeze until cold, about 2 hours.
- Let remaining white chocolate mixture in saucepan stand at room temperature until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Using electric mixer, beat remaining 2 cups cream and almond extract in large bowl until peaks form. Working in 3 batches, fold in lukewarm white chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate whipped cream frosting just until medium peaks hold, folding occasionally, about 3 hours.
- Brush 2 tablespoons amaretto over top of each cake layer.
- Place 1 layer on platter.
- Spread chilled 1 1/2 cups white chocolate filling over.
- Top with second cake layer.
- Spread whipped cream frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Chill until cold and set, about 1 hour.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. )
- Arrange chocolate stars decoratively atop cake and serve.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating11 people
Oh my goodness is all I can say - this cake looks so awesome, if I made something like this it would go in one day in this house especially if my uncle is around! My family are BIG chocolate lovers this deserves a 10 ... I cant stop looking at it - I...moreaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
A beautiful picture to go along with your beautifully wonderful cake, karlyn! This is a tad time-consuming but sounds to be well worth the effort. Thanks and my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh my gosh, what could be better then this, it's not only a yummie cake but picture perfect. Wish I could give you more the a 5 for this fabulous post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!