Southwest Smoked Salmon Pitas With Chipotle SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 chipotle peppers shopping list
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 16 ounces smoked salmon cut into strips shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided shopping list
- 1 medium white onion sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper cut into julienne strips shopping list
- 4 pitas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In blender combine yogurt, green onion, peppers, peanut butter and salt.
- Blend until smooth then place in a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 then place smoked salmon in a large bowl.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Sprinkle over salmon then heat half the oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and red peppers until tender then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Wrap pitas in foil and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and sauté smoked salmon until slightly brown.
- Add onions and red peppers then cook 1 minute longer.
- Cut pitas in half and stuff with smoked salmon mixture.
- Serve with lettuce, cheese, and sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!