Pan-fried Chickpea SaladFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter OR olive oil OR coconut oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, patted completely dry shopping list
- 1 cup leeks, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely minced shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Indian-style curry powder OR to taste shopping list
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion OR spring onions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet and add chickpeas.
- Saute over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until they start to turn golden in color.
- Stir in leeks and cook until chickpeas are more golden and leeks have browned a bit as well, roughly 7 to 10 minutes.
- At the last minute, stir in the garlic and zest.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- While chickpeas cool, make the dressing by combining the yogurt, curry powder and salt in a small bowl.
- If you need to thin it out a bit whisk in warm water a little at a time.
- Taste, adjust and set aside.
- To serve toss the chickpea mixture with most of the cilantro and most of the onion.
- Add about 1/2 the dressing and toss again.
- If you like more dressing, keep adding and tossing until you are pleased.
- Serve on a platter sprinkled with remaining onion and cilantro.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
This would be nice at a barbecueaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
I love this...This looks awesome.What an interesting idea to fry the chickpeas.Thanks for the wonderful recipe.ambus in Lahore loved it