Turkey Meatballs in Cranberry-Barbecue SauceFrom dione73 4 years ago
- 1can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1/2cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1egg white shopping list
- 1pound 93% lean ground turkey shopping list
- 1green onion with top, sliced shopping list
- 2teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 1teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/8teaspoon ground red pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce in slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 20 to 30 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is hot.
- Meanwhile, place egg white in medium bowl; beat lightly. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Shape into 24 balls.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add meatballs to skillet; cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center, carefully turning occasionally to brown evenly. Add to heated sauce in slow cooker; stir gently to coat.
- Reduce heat to LOW. Cover; cook 3 hours. Transfer meatballs to serving plate; garnish, if desired. Serve with decorative appetizer picks.
- Serves 12 (2 meatballs & 2T Sauce): Cal 137, Sat Fat 1g, Fat 4g, Cal from Fat 27%, Fiber 1g, Carb 18g, Chol 19mg, Prot 7g, Sod 206mg